The Scripture Lady loves creating Bible memory verse games! Here is one called “Crazy Stand Ups” to make memorizing Scripture fun.
Memorizing Bible verses can be difficult unless…you know how to stand on your own two feet! Here is a very simple Bible memory verse game that will get your kids excited about Scripture memorization. It’s called “Crazy Stand Ups”. Just follow the directions and have fun!
Bible memory verse games will help your children hide God’s Word in their hearts and for this one you will need to do the following:
“Crazy Stand Ups” will work for any Bible verse and for any age group of kids. After studying and going over your memory verse of choice, tell your kids to sit down. Explain to them that you are going to give them different descriptions that might fit their lives. If they find that the description fits, they must then stand up and recite the Bible verse. You may have only one child that fits the description or you may have the whole class standing. For example, you might say, “Stand up and
say the Bible verse if you had cereal for breakfast this morning.” Obviously, everyone who had cereal would stand up and say the verse in unison. Have a list of “Crazy Stand Ups” ready and play the activity until you are convinced that everyone knows the memory verse.
Here is a list to get you started:
1. Stand up if you are a girl/boy.
2. Stand up if you do not share your bedroom.
3. Stand up if you are wearing sandals/boots/tennis shoes.
4. Stand up if you had pancakes/cereal/eggs/waffles/bagels for breakfast.
5. Stand up if you ride a bike/skateboard/roller blades.
6. Stand up if you have any sisters/brothers.
7. Stand up if you are the oldest/youngest child in your family.
8. Stand up if you hate spinach/zucchini/brussel sprouts/beans…
9. Stand up if you are wearing red/yellow/blue/pink…
10. Stand up if you own a dog/cat/lizard…
11. Stand up if your birthday is in May/July/December…
12. Stand up if you can fold your tongue in half.
13. Stand up if your eyes are brown/blue…
14. Stand up if you took a vacation last summer.
15. Stand up if you love God.
You get the idea. Can you think of others?
Just in case you’re interested, you might want to check out this book with even more Bible lessons for your children: Memory Verse Games for Kids (Take Me Through the Bible Series)
If you liked this Sunday School/Homeschooling idea, then sign up to receive Scripture Lady’s Free Email Kid Tips packed full with creative ideas and receive 6 FREE Bible Review Games to help get the kids you minister to excited about the Bible! Just go to www.MyFreeBibleGames.com to fully subscribe.
Also, don’t forget to “LIKE” me on Facebook. Just click on my Facebook logo to the right. Thank you!
If you’re into Twitter, click on the cute little bird!