The fact that God knows everything about everybody can be an amazing lesson for your little ones to learn. It can be especially precious to know that God knows each of their names. In fact, John 10:13 says that Jesus calls each of His sheep by name.
Here are some fun Preschool Bible lesson you can do with your little ones to remind them that God indeed knows their name and to remind them that the name of Jesus is the most important name they will ever know or hear.
1. Color Your Name – Click the following link to access a name plate template that you can add the child’s name to and then allow them to color. You will use these for the next activity. I suggest you print this page on cardstock.
2. Jesus Calls His Sheep by Name – Take all of the children’s name plates and place them in a bag. Share John 10:13 with them and remind them that Jesus is our Good Shepherd and we are His sheep. Have all the children get down on the floor and pretend to be sheep. Tell the children that you are going to pull out one name card at a time. As you do, say, “Jesus is calling ___________.” Fill in the blank with a child’s name. When that child hears his/her name that should respond by popping up and saying, “Baaaahhh!” Make sure each child gets a turn and play as long as the children like.
3. White Stones – Revelation 2:17 is an interesting verse that your preschooler might find intriguing. It says, “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, …I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.” For a simple little craft, bring in a white stone for each child upon which you have written a new name that describes a positive characteristic that fits the child. For example, you might write “Loving” or “Sweet” or “Wise”. Then give each child their stone and encourage them to decorate them with paints or markers
4. God Knows My Name Poem – Click the following link for a fun little poem to share with your children. They can color it and hang it up too!
5. Every Knee Shall Bow – Finally, end your lesson or devotion time with sharing Philippians 2:10 with your children. It says, “…at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth…” Tell the children that you are going to pray. When they hear you say, “Dear Jesus…”, they should kneel down on the ground and listen to the rest of the prayer until they hear you say, “Amen.”
Just in case you’re interested, you might want to check out this book with even more Bible activities for your preschoolers: Super Simple Bible Lessons (Ages 3-5): 60 Ready-To-Use Bible Activities for Ages 3-5
If you liked this Sunday School/Homeschooling idea, then sign up to receive Scripture Lady’s Free Email Kid Tips packed full with creative ideas and receive 6 FREE Bible Review Games to help get the kids you minister to excited about the Bible! Just go to www.MyFreeBibleGames.com to fully subscribe.
Also, don’t forget to “LIKE” me on Facebook. Just click on my Facebook logo to the right. Thank you!
If you’re into Twitter, click on the cute little bird!