Kids love animals. It’s important that they know that God created animals. Job 7:10 says this: “In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.” This is a great truth and here is a fun Bible activity to help your children know that their lives and the lives of all creatures are in God’s hand.
If you can combine the Bible with animals, you will have a winning combination when teaching your kids the truth that God created animals. Here is a fun Bible game that I call, “Grab the Animal.” You can use this Bible game to help teach Job 12:7-10, which says:
7 “But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
8 or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you.
9 Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this?
10 In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.
These are great verses! I believe that this verse can teach your kids the following important points:
1. We can learn about God from the animals. We may not be able to talk to animals like good ole’ Doctor Dolittle, but we can definitely learn from them that God is incredibly creative, powerful and loving.
2. We can learn that God is the creator of all. Sadly to say, many humans do not recognize God Almighty as their Creator and yet this verse says that the animals know it’s the hand of the Lord that has given them life.
3. We can learn that our lives are God’s hand. This should be a very comforting thought. Life is always changing. But God is always constant and He will keep us safely in His hands, loving and caring for us like the good Father that He is.
Take time to point out these thoughts as you play “Grab the Animal” to teach your kids that God created animals and them, too.
What you need for this Bible game:
For this game:
1. you will need to download the 10 digital files of animal sounds that I have provided for you down below.
2. you will need to gather pictures of the 10 animals plus 10 more pictures of other animals that are not showcased in the animal sounds I’ve given you. Therefore, you will have a total of 20 animal pictures.
3. you will need to use a big enough container that will hold all 20 pictures. Place all the pictures face down in the container.
4. you will need to display the words to Job 12:10 on a board or pocket chart.
How to play:
1. Divide your class into two teams.
2. Share Job 12:7-10 and ask the kids to name their favorite animals.
3. Encourage the kids to memorize Job 12:10 by repeating it several times.
4. Talk about the 3 points that I shared above. Ask them if they can think of different ways that we can learn about God from animals. For example, they might say that the ant teaches us to be hard workers. God wants us to be hard workers and responsible, too.
5. Show the children the container of pictures and show them one picture at a time. Let them tell you the name of each animal.
6. Tell the children that they are going to take turns listening to the sound of an animal. They will have 10 seconds to grab one picture at a time in the container until they believe they have found the animal that corresponds to the sound. If they picked the right animal, they must then say Job 12:10 from memory. They can do this by looking at the verse you have displayed, but before they went grabbing for the right animal, you will have turned over some of the words. They must say the verse including the missing words.
7. If the child says the verse correctly, he will get 100 points for his team.
Animal Sounds as Digital Files
(These files were taken from SoundBible.com. All of these files were in the Public Domain.)
Just right click on a file to download to your computer or just simple left click and play from this page.
Looking for some GREAT Bible Review Games for your kids?
Then check out The Scripture Lady’s Best Seller:
If you liked this Creative Bible idea about how God created animals, then sign up to receive Scripture Lady’s Free Email Kid Tips packed full with creative ideas and receive 12 FREE Bible downloadable resources to help get the kids you minister to excited about the Bible! Just go to www.MyFreeBibleGames.com to fully subscribe.
Also, don’t forget to “LIKE” me on Facebook. Just click on my Facebook logo to the right. Thank you!